A fashion stylist, by their choice of apparel, accessories, colours and fabrics, help individuals – be they celebrities, media professionals, models, CXOs or business magnates – create and exude a unique and personal sense of style.
ISDI’s Fashion Styling is a 24-week course that gives students an understanding of different aspects of styling, teaches them how to style for different occasions. Lessons cover personal styling, TV styling, styling for advertisements, styling for the movies, styling for designers and still-life styling.
The industry-leading fashion styling course gives students a view into the fashion industry, the history of costume design, what makes trends, how to use colour and much more. The course also includes a group project and a portfolio submission, both of which help students put the skills they have learnt in the classroom into practice.
- Be able to understand the basics and general idea of fashion styling
- To be able to assist a stylist on shoot as an intern or assistant stylist
- To have a portfolio of their own showcasing their personal style
- To have a strong sense of their own personal style
- To be able to recognize trends and quick fashion tips
- History of fashion and Styling
- Fashion Icons + Photo Shoot
- Different types of styling
- Elements of Fashion
- The shoot of Street styles
- Red Carpet Styling
- Costume Design Project
- Fashion film one to one and Character Building
- Window Display
- Fashion blogging
- Personal Styling + Makeup and hairstyle
- Content Gathering, Project Definition, Strategy
- Thematic Styling for Dramatic Shoot
- World Styling – Look Book
- Men’s Wear and Kids Wear
- Image Makeover
Culture & Place
Understanding the pulse of ever-changing trends and styles requires you to have every-day access to the most celebrated houses of fashion in the world.
At ISDI, we give you a jump up on the rest, with an ideal location that places you at the heart of India’s fashion houses and the country’s top designers, who craft trend setting wonders within a 1000 metre radius of our school. Our world-class campus also offers easy access to Mumbai’s premier luxury & premium retail destination- The Palladium Mall, the home of world-renown names like Louis Vuitton, Zara, Diesel, Versace, Armani & more.
With the expertise of named designers like Bandana Tewari, Narendra Kumar & Shivan & Naresh, among others, find your place in Mumbai’s best known fashion events, with Lakme Fashion Week, India’s Top Model & Sketch to Store being just a few names on the list.
With so much exposure to the craft, ISDI offers you a hot seat at the table of India’s premier fashion industry.TOP ^
Explore the variety of projects that our students work on, while at ISDI.TOP ^
Candidates who have appeared for a 10 + 2 examination (e.g. A levels, CBSE, HSC, IBDP, ISC etc), or its educational equivalent in any discipline (e.g: Science, Commerce, Arts) with an interest in Design & Innovation. Although, successful completion of the 10 + 2 examination is necessary to confirm the admission, our institution does accept predicted or preliminary grade indications until final results are declared.TOP ^
Your application helps us to learn about you. Please complete the form with all your details and the Purpose of Study. Click here to Apply.
You will receive a confirmation email with your application number after you have successfully submitted the online form. If you have not received an acknowledgment within 24 hours, please contact us on the Admissions Line +91 77188 65341 or +91 90043 06222.
Required Application Material to be couriered or hand delivered to ISDI:
- Declaration form duly filled which can be downloaded from here or it also will be sent in the mail after completing the application form
- 2 Passport size recent photographs against a plain background (any colour)
- Photocopy of a valid id proof
Application Fee for ISDI Challenge Rs. 1500 (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only) via demand draft in favour of “Innovation Trust” payable at Mumbai
What to carry on the day of the interview?
Original Id proof of the photocopy of the id submitted in the application material