Fashion Communication & Styling
Fashion Communication & Styling is growing into an exciting segment of the fashion industry, opening up various career opportunities for designers of Fashion Communication & Styling. At ISDI, you will learn to navigate the core of this segment, with professional training in computer graphics, photography as well as fashion event planning and production. Learn from the best to become the future’s leading photographers, art directors, stylists, journalists, film-makers, fashion bloggers and social media experts of the industry.
Fashion Communication & Styling is a 4- year specialization course at ISDI that enables you to explore and discover the relationship between the ever-advancing media and the fast-growing fashion industry. At ISDI, you will be led through this journey by the best in the business across multi-media platforms and the fashion industry to give you a deeper understanding of both industries and their relation with the society.
Fashion Communication & Styling covers diverse opportunities in marketing, advertising, public relations, and journalism and is also considered as one of the industry’s best career resources. At ISDI, we will help you find the right platform to develop your understanding across all mediums of visual and textual communication.
Area of Focus
- Fashion Studies
- Textile Survey
- Fashion Journalism
- Fashion Trends & Forecasting
- Public Relations
- Media & Advertising
- Graphic Design & Printing
- Fashion Show Production
- Cultural Studies
- Fashion Illustration
- Social Media & E-commerce
- Art Director
- Public Relations Manager
- Fashion blogger & Social Media Expert
- Fashion-Show Producer
- Fashion Curator
- Fashion Forecaster
- FASHION SYSTEM ORIENTATION
- VISUAL COMMUNICATION STUDIO 1
- CREATIVE TECHNICAL STUDIO 1
- INTRO TO DRESS & SOCIETY
- SCHOOL ELECTIVE
- BUSINESS OF FASHION – MODELS & NEW MARKETS
- VISUAL COMMUNICATION STUDIO 2
- FASHION STYLING 1
- HISTORY OF FASHION
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY
- ETHICAL FASHION
- FASHION AND THE NARRATIVE
- ANALYZING TRENDS 1
- MOTION GRAPHICS AND FILM MAKING
- FASHION MARKETING; COVER PUBLIC RELATIONS
- BRANDING AND LBM
- FASHION PUBLISHING 1
- ANALYZING TRENDS 2
- FASHION STYLING 2
- VISUAL MERCHANDISING
- THESIS: IDEATION
- ADVANCED RESEARCH SEMINAR
- FASHION PUBLISHING 2
- PROGRAM ELECTIVE
- DIGITAL AND OMNICHANNEL MARKETING
- THESIS: RESOLUTION
- PORTFOLIO PRESENTATION TECHNIQUES
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND DESIGN STRATEGY
- LEGAL PRACTICES IN CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
- EVENT MANAGEMENT
Culture & Place
Understanding the pulse of ever-changing trends and styles requires you to have every-day access to the most celebrated houses of fashion in the world.
At ISDI, we give you a jump up on the rest, with an ideal location that places you at the heart of India’s fashion houses and the country’s top designers, who craft trend setting wonders within a 1000 metre radius of our school. Our world-class campus also offers easy access to Mumbai’s premier luxury & premium retail destination- The Palladium Mall, the home of world-renown names like Louis Vuitton, Zara, Diesel, Versace, Armani & more.
With the expertise of named designers like Bandana Tewari, Narendra Kumar & Shivan & Naresh, among others, find your place in Mumbai’s best known fashion events, with Lakme Fashion Week, India’s Top Model & Sketch to Store being just a few names on the list.
With so much exposure to the craft, ISDI offers you a hot seat at the table of India’s premier fashion industry.TOP ^
Explore the variety of projects that our students work on, while at ISDI.TOP ^
Employers and Partners
Candidates who have appeared for a 10 + 2 examination (e.g. A levels, CBSE, HSC, IBDP, ISC etc), or its educational equivalent in any discipline (e.g: Science, Commerce, Arts) with an interest in Design & Innovation. Although, successful completion of the 10 + 2 examination is necessary to confirm the admission, our institution does accept predicted or preliminary grade indications until final results are declared.
The upper age limit for undergraduate program is 21 years.TOP ^
Your application helps us to learn about you. Please complete all the required fields of the application form with your details. The applicant will receive a confirmation email with the application number after successful submission of the online form.
On submission of the application form, the screen will be directed to Online payment gateway to complete the application fee** payment of INR 3,500.00.
Alternatively, you may also send us a Demand Draft in favour of “Innovation Trust” payable at Mumbai.
** Application fee is non-refundable.
To check your application status, make the payment & upload the documents, Click here
On Successful payment of Application Fee, Its time to upload your documents. Please note, these photographs must be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 2 MB in size.
- Declaration Form: You are requested to download the Declaration form & fill in the required information. Please upload a scanned copy of the same.
- Photograph: Upload a scanned recent passport photograph. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio. Photographs taken via mobile phone and other kinds of self-composed portraits will not be accepted.
- 10th Mark-sheet: Upload a scanned copy of your 10th Mark-sheet. It must be self-attested by the student/parents.
- ID Proof : Photo ID proof can be your Aadhar Card or Pan Card or Passport.
- PAN Card : Upload a scanned copy of your PAN card. If a student doesn’t own a pan card, request to upload anyone parents Pan Card.
- The ISDI Challenge comprises of a Creative Aptitude Test, Studio Test culminating into Personal Interview with Portfolio Review, all of which happens on the same day.
- This allows the Admission Committee to evaluate how a prospective student develops & translates ideas into design and 2D / 3D forms, communicates and articulates the work in writing.
- You will be assessed for your design skills as well as the articulation of your ideas, concepts and visual expression; since in future, both as an ISDI student and practicing professional you will require to use them extensively.
- Your portfolio represent your core skills and creative preferences. It is unique to your personality and indicates to the Admissions Committee your level of readiness to hone your creative skills further.
- The portfolio should include a selection of your work including hand skills such as sketching and rendering, photography, collages, 3D work as well as digital compositions.
- Digitally generated designs must carry a short description of the process and the software through which is it created.
- Presentation is most important. Here again is an opportunity to showcase and verbally present your ideas during the Personal Interview.
- Our team is privileged to evaluate your ISDI Challenge paper and review your portfolio.
- The results will be communicated to you after approval of the ISDI Admissions Committee by email.
- On receipt of confirmation of successfully clearing the ISDI Challenge, a candidate is required to make a payment of Rs. 78,100/- comprising of Registration & Admission Fee of 45,000 + 18% GST (as applicable) and Security Deposit of Rs. 25,000 are payable within the date given in the result announcement.
- Registration & Admissions Fee is a one time fee, payable in the first year only and is non-refundable.
- The interest free Security Deposit will be refunded on completion of the program. There will be deductions from the Security Deposit , if there are any dues during the program.
- In case of withdrawal of admission, candidate needs to provide an official application of withdrawal.
* All refunds will be considered and governed by ISDI Fee Refund & Guideline Policy