Strategic Design Management
Businesses thrive on their ability to anticipate and adapt to rapid change in the marketplace. Strategic design management prepares tomorrow’s thinkers to be flexible and agile in a fluid and dynamic economy. Our Strategic Design and Management courses, a 4-year undergraduate specialization, teaches students to confidently innovate, manage and build design process-centric organizations. The program provides students with a solid grasp of concepts such as sustainability, service design and innovation. The globally-recognized curriculum of our strategic design and management courses give students a theoretical and practical grasp of the subject, introduces them to real-world industry scenarios, and offers practical, hands-on experience.
Area of Focus
- Business for Design
- Design Research
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Service Design
- Social Media
- Design Thinking
- Industrial/Product Design
- Social Practice and Innovation
- Sustainable Design
- Design Manager
- Design of Medical Devices/ Equipment
- Packaging Design
- Interaction Design
- Transportation Design
- Furniture Design/ Retail Fixture Design
- Toy Design
Culture & Place
Innovation & innovative minds need the right environment to blossom in. At ISDI, we offer our students the best location for studying this field, at the heart of the commercial capital of India. Learn from the best in the field while observing the path-breaking work of some of the most successful start-ups in the country, each of which have design as their core business idea. Through our hands-on lesson plans, we offer our students the chance to interact with the field’s best known entrepreneurs, consultants, Industry specialists and Investors. With the best of all spheres in strategic design and management as part of your lesson plan, you can assure yourself of a strong stepping stone into the field of strategy, design and management of businesses.TOP ^
Employers and Partners
Candidates who have appeared for a 10 + 2 examination (e.g. A levels, CBSE, HSC, IBDP, ISC etc), or its educational equivalent in any discipline (e.g: Science, Commerce, Arts) with an interest in Design & Innovation. Although, successful completion of the 10 + 2 examination is necessary to confirm the admission, our institution does accept predicted or preliminary grade indications until final results are declared. The upper age limit for undergraduate program is 21 years.TOP ^
Your application helps us to learn about you. Please complete all the required fields of the application form with your details. The applicant will receive a confirmation email with the application number after successful submission of the online form.
On submission of the application form, the screen will be directed to Online payment gateway to complete the application fee** payment of INR 3,500.00. Alternatively, you may also send us a Demand Draft in favour of “Innovation Trust” payable at Mumbai. ** Application fee is non-refundable. To check your application status, make the payment & upload the documents, Click here
On Successful payment of Application Fee, Its time to upload your documents. Please note, these photographs must be in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 2 MB in size.
- Declaration Form: You are requested to download the Declaration form & fill in the required information. Please upload a scanned copy of the same.
- Photograph: Upload a scanned recent passport photograph. It must be a coloured photograph taken at a professional studio. Photographs taken via mobile phone and other kinds of self-composed portraits will not be accepted.
- 10th Mark-sheet: Upload a scanned copy of your 10th Mark-sheet. It must be self-attested by the student/parents.
- ID Proof : Photo ID proof can be your Aadhar Card or Pan Card or Passport.
- PAN Card : Upload a scanned copy of your PAN card. If a student doesn’t own a pan card, request to upload anyone parents Pan Card.
- The ISDI Challenge comprises of a Creative Aptitude Test, Studio Test culminating into Personal Interview with Portfolio Review, all of which happens on the same day.
- This allows the Admission Committee to evaluate how a prospective student develops & translates ideas into design and 2D / 3D forms, communicates and articulates the work in writing.
- You will be assessed for your design skills as well as the articulation of your ideas, concepts and visual expression; since in future, both as an ISDI student and practicing professional you will require to use them extensively.
- Your portfolio represent your core skills and creative preferences. It is unique to your personality and indicates to the Admissions Committee your level of readiness to hone your creative skills further.
- The portfolio should include a selection of your work including hand skills such as sketching and rendering, photography, collages, 3D work as well as digital compositions.
- Digitally generated designs must carry a short description of the process and the software through which is it created.
- Presentation is most important. Here again is an opportunity to showcase and verbally present your ideas during the Personal Interview.
- Our team is privileged to evaluate your ISDI Challenge paper and review your portfolio.
- The results will be communicated to you after approval of the ISDI Admissions Committee by email.
- On receipt of confirmation of successfully clearing the ISDI Challenge, a candidate is required to make a payment of Rs. 78,100/- comprising of Registration & Admission Fee of 45,000 + 18% GST (as applicable) and Security Deposit of Rs. 25,000 are payable within the date given in the result announcement.
- Registration & Admissions Fee is a one time fee, payable in the first year only and is non-refundable.
- The interest free Security Deposit will be refunded on completion of the program. There will be deductions from the Security Deposit , if there are any dues during the program.
- In case of withdrawal of admission, candidate needs to provide an official application of withdrawal.
* All refunds will be considered and governed by ISDI Fee Refund & Guideline Policy